1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Notice The Future Explained!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Stuartie, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Stuartie

Stuartie Nubby Owner Guy Owner

Ratings:
    +103
    Minecraft:
    Stuartie
    WAITTTTT WHATT! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!
    Read everything carefully below before getting confused!

So you've all posted your comments, ideas, decisions on my previous announcement and I thought it's time now I explained what we currently have in mind!

We have decided that we shall rebuild Broncin City with a new map new plugins and basically release it as a new server once again! To give us the fresh feel and enjoyment we once had before when the server was initial released! Now I'm sure you all have lots of questions and I shall try my best to cover them in below, but if I don't answer something you can feel free to ask me or any other the other Admins working closely with me!

Questions and Answers...

When will the server reopen?
    I haven't got a defined time in my head but I originally said around a months time. So I'm now thinking we make it release on Broncins anniversary!

What all is changing?
    Currently we are working on Broncin City. The Hub and Creative servers have not been affected and we haven't decided if these need to be changed or upgraded in anyway as yet as the City is our current main focus.

I had Donor will I keep this?
    In short, yes. This will be a long manual process for us to provide you back with Donor immediately when the server reopens. We plan on creating a Google forum for you to fill in and this way we can easily keep track of who needs what. You will receive Emerald Donor, spawners and any other permanent items back. This forum will be based on a first in first out system, so when the time comes don't pester us, we will get to you but as you can imagine this will be a large backlog.

I donated for non permanent items will these return?
    No, under normal circumstances. Unless you received less than 50% of your time with your donor perk you will not have this returned to you.

I donated for in-game money will I get this back?
    Currently we are undecided on this. I myself personally think no as straight away this is giving people an unfair advantage on the reopening of the server.

Wait so I was Major Prestige 8 times, with sharp 35 sword and $453 billion, am I losing all this?
    Yes, unfortunately that's the way it's going to be. We want to wipe the slate clean and start again. Argue all you wish, you aren't getting your sharp 239 sword back that an Admin gave you for winning back in the year dot, haha.

Will the map change?
    Yes, the map has mostly been rebuilt. We are making a few final changes to the map but mostly it has been complete.

Can I help build? Pleassssseeeeee!

This isn't my area, so speak to @Shiz or @Rocken1 directly. I'm assuming no, so don't pester them.

Can I help with plugins or setting stuff up?
    Help with this is always welcome. I've a lot to do and not massive amounts of time to do it. I will appreciate as much help as possible but I don't want everyone and their fish helping me because it just becomes too hard for me to control who is doing what, then people bicker and it just frustrates me. That aside, if you do have A LOT of knowledge with plugins, how they work or how to configure different things please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to let you help. NOTE: This does not mean you will become Admin/Dev/Helper/EpicCoolGuy or whatever once the server is opened. I will reward you if I feel you put in effort but you won't receive any special treatment.

I was staff before, will I get my staff rank back?
    At release no. So don't ask. Everyone will be asked to apply for their roll again and based on the amount of players we have we will take on new staff again. This is to ensure we don't open a server with 95% staff and 5% players.

Me, my brother, my friend, my neighbour or cat was banned in the past, can we be unbanned?
    Yes, everyone is being given a second change no matter what you were banned for. Yes, that's right. Everyone.

But noooooo my town! Is it gone?
    Yes, it will be gone. That's just how it is. I might once I have this new server up and running release the old map as a legacy server but only to fly around and see old stuff, it won't be fully functional as before. I see this as a way to go back, look at old buildings, compare stuff, show people your old towns etc. But as I say this isn't my priority right now, so it won't be there when the server reopens.

The server is online but I'm not whitelisted?
    Currently the server is whitelisted for us to develop it. Don't ask to be whitelisted, it won't happen. Simple as that. I may however if I get a chance open the Hub and Creative servers to allow players to come online, just note though if I do this you may experience some random restarts.

I don't agree with something that's changing, who can I complain to?
    Someone who cares.. Nah, only joking. Feel free to reply here and rant about something you don't like. I will take onboard what you have to say and if I feel fit I will make changes, but don't count on it unless you have a really valid point. I'm doing my best to please everyone remember.

And Finally......

Hopefully the above answers most if not all that you need to know! As I have said, feel free to ask questions below and I'll do my best to answer them. Oh and finally please be patient with us, there are are more of yous than there are us Admins and it's difficult for us to answer everyone at once so don't get mad if it takes us more than 3 seconds to get back to you on something!

Thanks,
    Your scrubby Owner nub Stu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. neveldraz

neveldraz Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +213
    Minecraft:
    neveldraz
    A legacy server would be nice... really wanted to finish my town.... But time to try new plans... or rebuild my tropical paradise.

3. st6sniper1

st6sniper1 Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +73
    Minecraft:
    st6sniper1
    Hey stu if you need help with plugins I'm not an expert in java, but I have taken multiple c++ courses along with the fact that I'm in college for Computer science and Data Architecture. I purchased an online mine craft plugin course and have been screwing around with a small server I created. Java and c++ aren't far apart just different formatting and java is much easier then c++. I made ranks, holograms, permissions, along with a makeshift economy. I use eclipse and have become rather familiar with the interface and the way the java projects need to be formatted in order to export correctly for the server to run. I am not claiming to be an expert in plugins, but I feel I would be able to help configure or create plugins to the servers need with ease. I plan on being a Data Architect or programmer of some sort, so doing this would be very fun and enjoyable for me. I can put in anywhere from 5-10 hours a day of work, depending on my class schedule. I have dropbox and slack to keep the project management organized along with discord, teamspeak, and skype to communicate. I am also always willing and would love to learn more about what I do.

If you could use me in any way I would love to volunteer to help and get my favorite community back up and running. I don't expect to receive any rank but I would be happy to turn this into a long term project if all goes well.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  4. Stomper

Stomper Civilian

Ratings:
    +27
    Minecraft:
    StomperFTW
    good choice guys. love the transparency and i cant wait to see what the new server has in store. :)

5. Kartingst

Kartingst Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +188
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    Here's a question I want to ask: Whoever was on staff rank, and reapplies, do they get a higher chance to get re-promoted again due to the fact they were staff before?

6. Otang

Otang Builder Builder

Ratings:
    +14
    Minecraft:
    Otangorang
    I'm very excited to see the result of the new plans for the server. Hopefully the hype and love will all come back from everyone. Quick question: If you were applying for staff, can you re-apply after the server's reopening? :cool:

7. Kartingst

Ratings:
    +188
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    I believe you can

8. st6sniper1

st6sniper1 Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +73
    Minecraft:
    st6sniper1
    As said in the post, staff application swill re-open when the server is back up. The amount of staff will depend on the number of daily players to assure there aren't a 95% staff and 5%player situation

9. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +26
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Imma have to agree here, I mean even if we don’t get to play on it I would really like this legacy server to be a for sure sorta thing and for it to be up when the main server is up. maybe make a team of 1-2 people to get this going. And if it does happen will we be placed into our town so we are able to tp to other towns and our outposts? I’ve worked loads at different outposts and would love to see them again. This would kinda ensure that not only the builds are preserved but also the way that server was in terms of money, ways of tp, people in a town all that stuff. Then to ensure people aren’t left outa other towns enable tp to a person whatever that’s called to other people can tp to places they haven’t been but other people wanna show em. It’d be real cool if you had the server now but then froze it in time, enabled the tp thing and enabled flying then that’s the legacy server. In terms of new people logging in to legacy they could just be given like a guest name tag cause they weren’t a former player on it. Then these guests could still tp around to diff towns and run the /t command.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Chicken

Chicken Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +173
    Minecraft:
    The_Chicken_Guy
    minecraft wont redownload :( tis be an end for chicken until i figure out a way (which i wont since i suck with computers)

#ripchick

make a memorial in new broncin

11. Sukuma

Sukuma Oink Oink. I'm a Squid. Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +103
    Minecraft:
    Sukuma
    ooooh. the future

(insert toy story alients here. cba to add it)

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Kazooo

Kazooo Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +21
    Minecraft:
    Kazooo
    How about instead of a legacy server you put the map up for download

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. creepertec2000

creepertec2000 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +86
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    Looks like my chance to be mod this better not take another 4 years

14. HoshiKurama

HoshiKurama Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +88
    Minecraft:
    HoshiKurama
    Could you elaborate on or clarify this? Is the administrative team asking us if we would like to rejoin the staff team or are we reapplying for our previous positions?

15. LazyLilPotato

LazyLilPotato One Hit Wonder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Lazy_Lil_Potato
    I'm excited about the new Broncin! I can't wait. I don't really mind starting over, but prestige was torture xD I hope it comes back very soon and I'll enjoy seeing all of you guys again! I'm sure the new Broncin will be wonderful. Also, when is Broncin's anniversary? I heard it was January 4th or 5th in discord but I just want to confirm. AND I WANT IT TO COME BACK SOONER T.T

16. Kartingst

Ratings:
    +188
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    Won't happen. Never did, never will. Basically, that's how it works to prevent copyright infringements
    I'd also like to know this... now that Hoshi got this question in my head now xD

Prestige was torture, always have been, always will. We all need to do prestige (again) sadly.

17. Kazooo

Kazooo Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +21
    Minecraft:
    Kazooo
    But if they removed the broncin city chunks noone could copy it, because it wouldn't be in the download.

18. Rocken1

Rocken1 ハコスカ (Hakosuka) Admin

Ratings:
    +134
    Minecraft:
    Rocken1
    Thats not what we meant. There are ways people can obtain the world file reglardless of it being certain chunks or a complete world

19. Shiz

Shiz YALA! Admin

Ratings:
    +773
    Minecraft:
    Shizaye
    When determining staff already, we examine the amount of experience they have both in-game and as a "staff" member on other servers. The more valid experience an individual has, the greater chance they have of being accepted (NB a fugitive who ranked up to mayor and Broncin was their first server could still become staff). Tldr - Former staff have lots of experience both in-game and as a staff member for Broncin already. In my eyes, they would be the most preferable players.

At this point in time - I believe it is to express your desire to become staff again. Based on the factors I mentioned above, and other factors staff would be re promoted.

20. Brandon

Brandon Diamond Miner

Ratings:
    +13
    Minecraft:
    PREDAKING99
    I have a few ideas that could help the new server for one I think be a good idea that officers rank should be like mayor and Drug lord ranks in Broncin. (I know that idea is crazy but we could come up something for that) Another thing that should be remade on the new server Cte. mini games arena and underground rail system like we had on Broncin. I feel like the rank system to fugitive-citizen should be the same but at the end of it. There should be more job roles to choose from in game. I also feeling that though the basic ranks it should take a whole week to get though it all (because players get bored of mining all day only to killed or make little money and don't want play on server anyone because of how bored they are). Now my ideas for town rules if we have them or not. I think tax and upkeep per day should be on new map. But and the where admins have a job. If a town that ran out of money and place looks all raided. I think a idea would be is to remove it so place looks nice and not looking like a mess. Another thing it's 50/50 on votes but Spawners to make money I think we just pay irl money for it we should also sell them for a high price on server like for 5 million for one pig Spawner (something like that). Having nations should still be a think but no daily upkeep add it to that or no others towns in that nation paying for it. Those are my ideas to the new Broncin server.

Also last thing I wish we could see the Broncin one last time if it was possible :)