1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Skype broken

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by neveldraz, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neveldraz

neveldraz Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +185
    Minecraft:
    neveldraz
    Skype is asking for my parental permission, even though (I have used skype for 5 years, no such problem has occurred before), Ive looked up this issue on the internet, and the Microsoft help people, said I have to login to my Microsoft account and then provide: All my credit card information, ID Card, and drivers license.

Does anyone else have this problem? If you do how did you solve it? I am connected to the town I'm in, through skype and connected to most of my relatives through skype, and I don't wanna give out my data to some random company with questionable hacking prevention expertise, also people online claim theirs a 0,50$ fee attached.

So please help!

And @uk_king_007 we need to find another way to get in touch.

2. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +131
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    I would use discord. But I understand that you want to get back onto skype to speak with relatives.

3. neveldraz

neveldraz Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +185
    Minecraft:
    neveldraz
    No one in Bristol (except Azera) has or uses discord.

4. Leviatharrongon

Leviatharrongon Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +70
    Minecraft:
    Leviatharrongon
    lolololololololOL

5. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    We aren’t big fans of discord, we use Skype. Don’t go getting all lololol when it works for us.

Delete Skype and get it again. All those fees sounds like a huge scam I wouldn’t trust it. If that doesn’t work try to connect on another device and or make another account

6. neveldraz

neveldraz Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +185
    Minecraft:
    neveldraz
    I did that, it again asked for parental permissions.

7. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Even on another device?

This all sounds very odd

8. creepertec2000

creepertec2000 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    https://discordapp.com

I took forever to switch from Skype to Discord like 3 years of constant pestering from everyone. Eventually Skype fucked me over for the 45th time and I was done. At least try to get some of your townsfolk to try it.

9. Rocken1

Rocken1 2tokensandablue Admin

Ratings:
    +124
    Minecraft:
    Rocken1
    I can't see why there isn't the option to make a Discord account in 3 minutes? It's not any different to how you would sign up to any other website. Just register your email, and you're done. Adding your friends is really easy too, just send them your username and account code (next to your username). Discord does everything Skype couldn't. Discord is also the hub of where we upload frequently of what is happening on our Server, which some don't use and miss out on all the recent news/events.

TL;DR - I would highly suggest the use of Discord over Skype, it's more superior and does everything Skype could but better.

10. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Not a fan of discord, don’t like it. I is sticking with the Skype it has served me well! Plus I got all my friends on there that’s all I need :)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. RexRekts

RexRekts Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    Sk8ter1232012
    You are very stubborn! I don’t like that:mad::mad::mad::p

12. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Keeps me on my goals :) serves me well irl

13. creepertec2000

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    Wont be too surprised if Skype goes crumbling down... Jk it's too big, but any time Microsoft gets their hands on other companies (Skype, Mojang, etc) they always ruin them to me. But hey, you do you, Skype and Discord are so different it's almost like IOS and Android, one serves the purpose that most people need (Skype) and one adds a lot of extra features that some people find really useful. (Discord)

14. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I agree one hundred percentage :D

15. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +131
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    The main reason I don't like skype is (from what I saw) didn't have a server system like discord does. Discord also has less issues than skype (from what I have seen) and I haven't had a issue with it breaking . I agree with what @Rocken1 said in his post and it is true. Discord has way more features than Skype and is easier.

16. creepertec2000

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    I would use Skype more if it wasn't for the terrible audio quality (at least for me) but it does have one major advantage: You can send large files... Which comes pretty handy when sharing mods, maps, or anything like that... Only reason I still have it tbh.

17. MelCat

MelCat Retired

Ratings:
    +273
    Minecraft:
    MomMelCat
    You really need to switch to Discord. Skype is really made for the business side of things. As a Microsoft person, I can literally message Bill Gates or Satya Nadella if I wanted to. I wouldn't but they are listed in my contacts in Skype. There really is no control over who you can block or unblock. Discord is really meant for gamers. You can manage your own servers and manage who you want to contact you or not even when you show online.
    The XBOX One, this week announced its going to support Discord and you can chat with people... like from Broncin while you are playing say... Fallout 4 on the XBox. I've tested the interface and it is pretty sweet and easy to use.
    No, I didn't use Broncin and I didn't use my "normal or home" Discord account. I have my Microsoft accounts for those. And no my account is not public... sorry folks can't friend any of you on the the Xbox.
    E3 is next week. my team is pretty much going to be there. Not the programmers, mainly just managers and sales personnel And I would have been able to go if it weren't for my daughter graduating but I don't think it will happen next year, unless the hold E3 like in MAY like they usually do, because my son will be graduating then. You'll see the (caugh crap) that the xbox is putting out and they are still in with this Mixed Reality **** which I can argue with the Overlords until I'm blue in the face that people don't want to put on a headset and see their room or shoot at **** in their own house or even do their work that way. My house is filled with 18 years worth of crap collected by my husband me and my kids. When I put a headset on I want to be immersed in another world. VR is the way of the future. It's expensive now but the price will drop, just like CD/DVD players did when they first came out. God I hate talking about work. Well next week will be easy for me, Monday off Yay then the next few days half days because everyone will be setting up for E3, and I can just forward my office phone to my cell phone.

Well seriously this is coming from an employee at Microsoft..... switch to Discord

18. EAGL3

EAGL3 Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +34
    Minecraft:
    MathEquations
    Discord is better... Thats all im going to say.
    Lol

19. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Ok so too random makes this nice post then others here put us in a big Skype vs discord war again
    Haven’t had a single problem with Skype
    Audio quaility is good for me on Skype
    I don’t care about all the bells and whistles
    I don’t have xbox
    I’m a loyal Skype user
    I’m not putting my email on yet another msging thing
    I like to conduct my self professionally and discord does not seem as professional as I would like- I don’t consider myself a gamer
    I’ve had Skype for a long time so it’s really easy and simple for me
    IM NOT GETTING DISCORD SO STOP SAYING I SHOULD
    People on this server and other servers have tried to get me to get it for over a year and I’m not bloody going too!

20. neveldraz

neveldraz Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +185
    Minecraft:
    neveldraz
    Personally, I prefer and use discord aswell, however uk hates discord, so we all have to use skype

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.