1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Short Story Contest (100k prize)

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by blackbeltrjfish, Aug 2, 2014.

1. blackbeltrjfish

blackbeltrjfish Fish master

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    Why hello there fellow writer! I have come up with the idea of making a short story contest while writing a short story myself. This event needs people to write short stories for a prize, which I will get to in a minute. Me and a few other judges that are my fellow town mates in Zion will judge the competition, which the judges will be listed below. This event is mostly for the sole purpose of entertainment, but is also a competition as the thread name states. We will have prizes for first, second, and third place submissions. I do have to note that this does not have to be about Broncin, or Minecraft all together, so feel free to write as you choose. We will be judging the language aspects of the story, and the content of the story itself by a scale of 1-10. The highest score you can get is 40 points currently. let's get going, shall we?

Host: The one and only @blackbeltrjfish

Judges: @blackbeltrjfish
    @mobslayer_17
    @GoodNewsFindsM
    @Zeldowin

Prizes: 1st place winner- 100k
    2nd place winner- 50k
    3rd place winner- 25k

Now, get writing! Us judges cant wait to see your submissions. Anyone may submit a story, and we are not accepting judges. This is for the people who need money mostly, but, as I said before, anybody can submit a story.

(Please note, the contest ends on the 20th of August, 5:00 pm KSA. All submissions past then will be invalid, and will not be considered)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mobslayer_17

mobslayer_17 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +118
    Minecraft:
    mobslayer_17
    @blackbeltrjfish should we tell them our emails so they can send their stories to us?

Also, be aware that we are not just any judges. Like blackbelt said, he is writing a story of his own, and I am writing a novel currently.

3. blackbeltrjfish

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    The contestants will post their stories here and we will get together in game, then post all the results on the last day

Also, sorry for the delay on my book, I will get back to it later

4. Zeldowin

Zeldowin Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +154
    Minecraft:
    Zeldowin
    Foine. You made me be a judge.

5. SimarSPB

SimarSPB Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +1
    Minecraft:
    SimarSPB
    Is the contest cancelled or something?

6. blackbeltrjfish

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    Apparently no one wants 100k

7. SimarSPB

SimarSPB Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +1
    Minecraft:
    SimarSPB
    lol
    /20characters why?

8. blackbeltrjfish

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    No clue, 100k is quite a bit for such little effort

9. _RandomCrit_

_RandomCrit_ Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +44
    Minecraft:
    liyuwen
    ooo! i want 100k! i can whip up a story in no time.

10. SimarSPB

SimarSPB Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +1
    Minecraft:
    SimarSPB
    I am playing basketball. my team is winning ! Then the other team is winning :(! Then yay my team wins :D

11. blackbeltrjfish

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    ... I think you will get 100k for this atrocity of a story

12. _RandomCrit_

Ratings:
    +44
    Minecraft:
    liyuwen
    this is my short story i cam up with.

Tis ,it was quite a day. the sun was shining, a light breeze in the willow. The great oak stood tall and proud, while the grass swayed to the sweet melody of the wind. A bird bath sat in the distance.
    But sadly, its great willows and fine-cut grass was merely visited by no one, even when the place had been created for the prince of Arcturus.
    Over by, the young prince, whose great father ruled the entirety off the kingdom, took a walk in his majestic park, full of gold and diamonds, glittering fountains of pearled water. The prince was delighted to see that a flock of birds was about to land on the fountain and take a drink, as the prince loved both his royal gold fountain and the sweet melody of the birds. But the birds paid no heed to the princes royal fountain, and the prince shouted angry words and stormed back into his castle.

Back at the castle, the prince leaned on his balcony, wondering "why would i be ignored? surely my beautiful, expensive gold fountain would have impressed the birds..." But as the prince looked to his left, he was stunned to see the birds earlier were hanging out at the birdbath, at the old willow park, under the shade of the tall, great oak tree...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  13. blackbeltrjfish

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    Great story. I will probably make a story myself for the fun of it

14. SimarSPB

SimarSPB Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +1
    Minecraft:
    SimarSPB
    Once upon a time I play basketball at midnight because I felt like it.The next thing I know is that a random car I do not know drives onto my driveway. It is driving towards me and I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! It looks like it is about to crush me so I go and run to my backyard.
    Then I hear a bullet going up in the sky :(.Then after a blink, I am kidnapped into the car. I am tied up in a chair on top of the Empire State
    Building. Some person throws me DOWN THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING!!!o_O I recognize the face. It is the Robot I made from Project I.R.T
    (Intelligent Robot Techniques). At the same time I was filled with fear :(and tears of joy:,) because my project actually worked! It was the most Intense feeling ever!While falling from the Empire State Building I landed on top of a car and It blew up.Then, I hit the Empire State Building and got a severe concussion. 3 weeks later I wake up at some hospital bed and then the doctors jump with joy. They told me that they caught the Robot. I was like what the heck are you talking about:confused:? Then they told me everything that the Robot told them about and I remembered now. I was released after a couple of days.My friends threw me a welcome back party! I was so happy and surprised :eek:. My friends and I lived happily ever after :D

15. mobslayer_17

mobslayer_17 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +118
    Minecraft:
    mobslayer_17
    I say, this gets first...for now. Btw, "the prince leaned on his baloney" Lol

16. _RandomCrit_

Ratings:
    +44
    Minecraft:
    liyuwen
    screw autocarrot!
    i mean auto correct

17. SimarSPB

SimarSPB Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +1
    Minecraft:
    SimarSPB
    I can not believe ppl do not want 100k...

18. blackbeltrjfish

Ratings:
    +217
    Minecraft:
    blackbltrjfish
    As seeing @SimarSPB has left, @Liyuwen wins by default (even though we were going to choose him anyways). The next time I can get on, Liyuwen gets 100k!

19. imrock

imrock Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +114
    Minecraft:
    irock1022
    @blackbeltrjfish can you do a horror story contest for 100k? i'm really good at horror stories and some other people out there are great at it too :)

20. MissMariePaige

MissMariePaige Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +60
    Minecraft:
    MissMariePaige
    I wouldn't doubt if this was for school or something.

• Like Like x 1