1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Potential Broncin Comeback???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by th3m3w, Mar 23, 2019.

1. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    note that all of this is subject to change in the coming weeks or months on that hand that we set up the new server.
    Aight so. As some of you know I have been planning to bring back Broncin with @Awit (what a skrub) And basically we are going to be making a few changes but not much to the core gameplay except for the Auto Farms will be limited.

Auto farms will be limited to 2 plots and 100 blocks high. it still gives you an option to auto farm but will severally limit it's capabilities.

Staff Applications (Officers included in that)
    You will be able to apply for Mod at Citizen and Officer at civilian.
    25 playtime hours needed for officer
    50 hours required for moderator
    A good understanding of rules/laws

Under ANY circumstances officers CAN NOT give their items to normal players. the only players who should know what officer items are and have access to them is the officer team and the admins/owners.

Towns-All taxes for towns will be reduced by 5k.

Nations-N/A at the moment as I kinda forgot all the amounts. If you know them please comment

Map changes-Not many of these to be honest but I plan to add PVP to the voter area. I like the idea of giving some upgraded mines to players who vote for the server but I disagree with it all being a safezone because it makes high class seem less important in my opinion.

Update cycle-For now we plan to do minor content updates and bug fixes weekly and a big update adding in a new feature or something every month.

Other-we are making a trello

Big thanks to Kart and Awit for helping out with this project.
    Ps we will be making a format for staff apps soon and ill put em out 1 week before release.

Aight so this project might take awhile. Any of yall know how to configure **** and wanna help out? DM me on discord at th3m3w#3986. If UK looks at this and wants to help out then fuckin get discord cause RIP my Skype

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. EnderEnderEnder

EnderEnderEnder One Hit Wonder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    i don't know if bringing back broncin will last long.. it is really a broncin 3.0, and if you bring back the broncin server with pretty much the same features that broncin 1.0/2.0 had, then people will probably join, become bored, and leave.

the only players that are more likely to be more active or even stay on broncin 3.0 would be the remaining older players from broncin 1.0, and there is a high chance that they would only be semi-active or become semi-active later on.

another thing is that they would have joined broncin 1.0 in 2013, 2014, or 2015, and they would have been in their early to mid teens back then. and now, they would either be in their late teens or are young adults who would have grown out of servers with repetitive and/or basic features.

i think you have to let go of broncin because you will never be able to bring back the experience of it, nobody is the same as they were 4, 5, or 6 years ago.

3. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Ok well hear me out here Ender. Atleast you wont be banned lmao. Jk but here is another thing. Me kart and Awit arent trying to completely return to the old core gameplay of Broncin and we intend for the staff to be more involved with the players and whatnot. The Weekly content updates and monthly feature updates will also help keep the players attracted and glued to the server. I understand what your saying and we are not trying to basically make 3.0. We will basically be running Broncin under new ownership somewhat if you want to think of it. For a while I did let go of Broncin but it seems that many people do miss it and would like to see the return of the server. Personally I think one reason that the server died was lack of advertising and updates. The updates I covered above and the advertising will be handled with.

Personally Ender we still think its a good idea. Just because a few people think its a bad idea doesn't mean the entire community does. Also please learn to capitilize your I's. It really freakin triggers me

4. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +65
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Yes I’m looking at this, no I’m not getting discord but I would love to contribute in one way or another.

Things that should be more clear above:
    When can we join towns
    When can we make towns
    How many ranks will there be
    ^^ all of the above I suggest a massive reform/ reduction (ie less ranks, join/ make towns sooner)
    What will be done to attract players
    Will a website be made

The folowing was what you stated on the other thread, these do not match with the 5k reduction in terms of taxes. Which will be used?
    1st towny rank thing-Old was 7.5k new is 5k.
    2nd towny rank-old was 12.5k new will be 7k.
    3rd rank-old was 15k now will be 10k
    4th rank was 20k will be moved to 15k
    5th was 25k will be 20k
    6th was 35k will be 27.5k
    7th was like 50k I think will be moved to 35k
    8th was 75k from what I remember will be moved to 50k

Two plot auto farms and 100 blocks high that’s great however would it be acceptable to build an auto farm within two plots vicinity of the other? I’d also like to recommend a mandatory inspection from a staff member (as in an admin) before the farm is turned on to make sure it complies with the rules. Some leeway should be given here, if a farm has a water trail, some red stone, a clock, or whatever outside that should be deemed as ok as it it not the majority money making part of the farm.

I’d also like to STRONGLY advise you to think of every little aspect when planning this out, do not rush it at all. Broncin 2.0 was rushed in the end just to have it open and had some major glitches. Don’t give a release date until you are 100% done with the server answer people have tested it!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  5. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w

Aight time to respond to this.Once again this can ALL change. Ok so you can JOIN towns at the Worker rank (this lowers it 1 rank.) you will be able to make towns at the Citizen rank
    The ranks will stay the same but Ill be removing Doctor for a bit as it kept breaking in 2.0 and will be added back as a feature update sometime after release.
    The attraction of players is sorta complicated but simple. Ill be making some videos and I hope that some people can aswell.
    I HOPE that we can use this website but if needed I will make a new one.

In terms of the taxes I felt for some of the taxes were either too low to be lowered 5k (for example the first one would be 2.5k which is quite low) and some I reduced more so I dunno why you complaining bout that!

For redstone clocks I most likely could make an exception but it would need to be checked by an admin or owner.

But also yeah we aren't rushing this server AT ALL. We plan to work on this for as long as we need. Current potential release date is May 31st but it can be pushed back.

Anyway UK I hope we can find a effective way of communication for us to communicate aswell for u to communicate with my dev team aswell. It'll make the process easier :p

6. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +65
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Oh haha dw I’m not complaining about the taxes I just wanted to point out the deviation between the two threads so everything is crystal clear. And for all of those looking at the release date DO NOT REAS INTO IT. It clearly states potential so if the date comes and goes do not start a riot. If you want broncin to be sustainable into the future don’t rush this update.

Ranks! I’d even lower it by another rank but limit what they can do. For example join a town in member but only be able to claim plots at worker. Make a town at civilian but be restricted by 75% in the amount of chunks you can claim.

Hate to say it hate to say it but depending upon the roll I have in this server I would CONSIDER getting discord. C-O-N-S-I-D-E-R! I’m a busy person with two jobs and in order for me to make this a priority I need an honourable roll here, I’m sure you’ll understand.

7. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Get discord for me buddy. It doesnt take that long. Ill speak with my dev team and see what we can come up with in terms of ranks. Moderator might be suitable but I will check. I know you dont want officer :p

8. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +65
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I will CONSIDER after I see what role I would be having. I’m not interested in mod or officer although I’d rather be officer over mod. I’m looking for some type of advisory rank with perms to fix things and improve things. Within this role I’d fix things, answer questions, advise on decisions, examine every rule and shred it for loop holes, and be a man of the people- something I feel 2.0 was missing between high members of staff and players. Obvis id have no reason to abuse power or screw up stuff on purpose when I’m trying to make the server grow which I’ve supported from the get go.

9. cjkram195

cjkram195 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +130
    Minecraft:
    thetroller197
    I’d let it go man. Minecraft is kinda getting old for everyone and it’s definitely is closer to dying then anything else. Broncin was great and all but there is a time and place to hang up everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    A
    Advisory? Ok so you mean kinda like a dev-mod combo sorta thing. I can most likely work that out
    Hey think of it this way Minecraft is never going to truly die. As much as I think its less poplar now but I still want to bring back the server as I miss having something to do in the evenings (also Hi Crafty I saw your Agreement thing :p)

11. EnderEnderEnder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    maybe mess around in other servers when you are bored? perhaps just go around killing new players if there is nothing better to do? i would kill new players on broncin mainly because it as all i was capable of doing on that server for fun, as sick as it is to find it fun to kill new players and deter them, i found it fun, and don't seem to feel too bothered by it, after all, i am considered the bad guy.

12. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +65
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Can we not use that sorta language that can scare people away when we might bring back broncin?

sounds like a plan stan, you get back to me when you’ve reached a decision if I get the job/ what exactly it entails and I’ll CONSIDER discord.

13. John

John Diamond Miner

Ratings:
    +21
    Minecraft:
    CoolzDude101
    Love it, can’t wait to see dis server ip lol :p

Ender don’t be toxic XD

14. EnderEnderEnder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    ha, you can count on me.

15. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +65
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    With that talk I’m concerned of what you might do. Potential ban before the server opens? Wait and see ender.

16. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    No i'm gonna give him a chance. I try to not hold grudges and the officer team will be somewhat decent on release (IF YA HAD DISCORD! YA WOULD KNOW) (Also Awit said you can have that rank you were talking about.)

17. Tiger Humour

Tiger Humour Diamond Miner

Ratings:
    +17
    Minecraft:
    MrMiddleAgedCow
    oof I guess I'm excited.

18. EnderEnderEnder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    all i would do is either make a town (if i actively play the server), or if i am semi-active or barely-active, i might say stuff, and/or cause trouble that is allowed by the server rules (as a time-waster and a bit of fun).

but i wouldn't go out my way to harm the server and it's player base.

19. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +132
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Aight then. I 'm givin you a chance dont **** it up

20. lDashi

lDashi Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +35
    Minecraft: