1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

No one should go though this

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by MelCat, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MelCat

MelCat Retired

Ratings:
    +273
    Minecraft:
    MomMelCat
    Last Friday I got the worst phone call a parent in these modern times would ever want to receive. It was from my son. "Mom, my school is on lock down there is a shooting at my school". At first I thought the was joking but he shares the same AP class as my daughter and I heard her in the background crying saying he's not joking. I panicked. I took off for the day because I had a doctors appointment because I some how contracted pinkeye. I said okay I'll be right there. As soon as I hung up about 20 other messages came through to my cell phone. And a call from my husband who was walking through the front door. My first though was he must have driven the speed of light getting here. I yelled at him wtf. He said thanks for picking up your phone. Then more messages came through on my phone. I told him I just got the call. Cell service and internet was really bad in our area. I heard helicopters overhead. He said lets go. I put sneakers on with out socks and ran out the door with him and we jumped in the van. Pulling up to the school which is like 3 blocks away and blocked off we decided to just go back home and park in our drive way. we ran to the school. There were reporters out side. Running even 3 blocks with out socks already gave me blisters. It was already 100 degrees in McKinney that day. The one side of the street that was not blocked off by police was lined with parents and neighbors. I kept wiping the one eye I had pink eye in. A reporter came over and asked me for an interview. I said sure. I guess it looked like I was crying. I was more in a state of shock, confusion, and I just wanted my kids back. I knew they were alive, I just talked to them. I told him I was just talking about this the other day how happy I was there were only 6 more days left until summer vacation so I didn't have to worry about my kids being involved in a school shooting. The reporter asked me "So you weren't surprised this happened?" I told him no, we live in a right to carry state, there are two schools right next to each other and my kids come home everyday saying how someone said they are going to shoot up the school tomorrow. But the teachers don't listen to them, the principal just writes it off as rumors and the kids predict who it's going to be by who was bullied the most that day. The reporter thanked me and asked me for my name. I got interviewed on other time later on that day by a cbs station and told them the same thing. I don't even know if I was on the news or not. We don't watch TV. I found out my son's Middles school across the street was on lock down also for safety reasons. We stood there for 20 minutes to find out that it was a suicide and no one else was hurt and all walkers 90% of the school were going to be bused do another High school to be picked up. In those 20 minutes I was in panic mode. I was on the phone with my mother from Philadelphia who was watching it on the internet and my friend who lives in the city south of us called Plano. Both of them trying to get me to calm down after the news reporters talked to me because it finally sunk in what was going on. There were other parents there just as crazy as me. Talking on the phone with relatives saying they didn't know when they were getting their kids back.
    We drove 20 minutes from McKinney North High School to Boyd High School. I just brought my phone with me. As I was driving over there I thought about my son in Jr High (joshupine) and now the students of Boyd high school. Three schools in the district are now going to be devastated by one school shooting. My husband dropped me off in front of the school which was being trafficked by the police there. I was asked for ID go to the area to pick up my kid. All I had was my phone. Then I remembered I had a picture of my drivers license on my phone from the accident that happened in front of my house two 3 months before. I showed that to the police and she said I don't know if that will work. I said my husband is parking the car I can at least get in line. The line registrar picking up your kids wasn't very long. It was hot, a lady passed out. I almost hyperventilated when I saw this. (I am a very empathetic person. When I see someone else cry I cry. I could never work in the heath care services. I was even crying when I found out the kid killed only himself. The other parents were breathing a sigh of relief. There were some nice people handing out free bottles of cold water to people. My husband saw me turn white and handed one to me and applied it to my head. He told me to sit down. The kids from McKinney North were crowded into Boyd's auditorium. We parents were waiting outside the auditorium for our kids name to be called in a lottery like system. There was no rhyme or reasoning to it. We didn't even know if our kids had been bused to the school yet because the cell service was so bad. It took 20 minutes to get a text through and all calls went to voice mail. I couldn't reach anyone inside the McKinney Area. I got more information from my friend in Plano to what was going on than I did from the people who were right in front of me. Then a family came in. A mom, dad and a daughter who looked really shook up. Her mother kept apologizing. I told her there is nothing to be sorry for. We are all in the same situation as you. She said her daughter was in the class where the boy shot himself. Tears started going down the girls face and she looked to the ground. I asked her if it was okay if I hugged her as tears started rolling down my face. She spread her arms opened and said a teacher was stabbed too. Only 4 other parents heard her say this. Someone asked the boys name. Austin..." I didn't get his last name. She was a sophomore so I imagined the kid who killed himself was a sophomore. The other parents asked for their last name so they could be called next. They have been waiting there for 2 hours. I looked down at my phone and it was almost 1:30 in the afternoon. We were there for another 2 hours before I held my kids in my arms.
    Next we needed to pick up Josh. We dropped our kids off at home I still was sock-less and I knew my feet must have had like 5 blisters on them (war-wounds I though) There were about 40 parents in a semi- circumference around the school entrance. The principal knows me by my first name. My son gave him the nick name Principal "Vagina" from Rick and Morty but that name is too nice for him. He said that no parents are allowed near the school entrance for safety reasons and he has kids over at North too waiting to be picked up by him but he also has 1000 other students to look after. I asked him if he explained what happened to them. He said it wasn't appropriate to tell them why they were on a real lock down. I said you know kids have cell phones. He told me if they are caught using them during school hours they would be taken away. I said so your not letting anyone go. He said they will be released on their normal time if it's after 2:30. My son didn't care. The teachers didn't care at this point if they used his cell phone after the lock down. My son looked up what happened. He saw that his brother and sisters school was on lock down and there was a school shooting. He ran to the bathroom and threw up. There was no counseling for the kids at his school even though they knew what happened. When "Eye of the Tiger" music played, that's their commencement song of the day (poor kids) a lot of walkers met up with their parents waiting for them. Me and my husband waited 10 minutes until we got a call from Josh telling us he was home. He went out a door he wasn't supposed to that was easier for him to get home faster like many other students.
    My kids minds are forever changed. I have the ability to get over this. I, like many other parents are thankful that it wasn't their kid. And are deeply saddened for the parents for the Austin's parents. The McKinney school district and the police are covering up the story of what really happened.
    "Austin was a bullied kid." (who isn't or wasn't at some point)
    What really happened was Austin intentions were to shoot a girl who rejected him, the boy she is seeing now and himself. Austin's best friend turned him in. The teacher was informed of who the student was and the school immediately went on lock down. The teach told everyone to get to the back of the room and tried to stop Austin. Austin stabbed the teacher and shot himself. The real heros of this story are his best friend and the Teacher.
    Monday morning: Parents and students were told there will be counselors on site at McKinney North for those who needed it. There were no counselors. Just the fake smiles of teachers.
    Today: A really bad stormy morning. Lots of thunder I think we lost power at our house. I had to reset the clocks. The school let out early due to finals. When my daughter son and friends looked back at the school there was a double rainbow over it.
    Rest in Peace Austin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Wow very powerful story, very powerful. I think I can speak for everyone that we are sorry for what you had to go through. We are here for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GayAhegao

GayAhegao Fugie

Ratings:
    +6
    Minecraft:
    GayAhegao
    i'm deeply sorry you had to go through this. it is truly devastating.

we are here for you. i hope you can heal from this, and i hope you're doing okay as of now.
    please take care.

4. creepertec2000

creepertec2000 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    Screenshot_20180607-154838.png
    (This was a post from one of the other staff members a few days ago)

My school went through a shooting scare a few months ago, anytime something like this happens the media puts their grubby fucking hands all over it so they can make their ad-money...
    I don't believe it's all the guns fault or what not, AlternateHistoryHub made a really good videos about the rise of school shootings. Everyone knows about Columbine and that stuff and honestly the media loves when this happens because of the money it makes them, they go over every little detail, the Shooter, his motives, his situation, the rise from a Shooting every few years to the almost monthly shootings is not because of lighter gun laws, hell, gun laws are getting strickter, it's the mentally unstable adults or students that are not getting the help they need, one day this mentally unstable person sees on the news about another person that seems almost similar to them, same feelings, same hatred, now this person knows that they can do this too, for whatever reason these people believe the people they target deserve to die so while the person ends their own suffering, all his victims and their families and friends can suffer too. We need to give less motivation to do these awful things and seek out to help these individuals, let them realize that their suffering can end without the cost of their and others life's.

I'm terribly sorry this has happened to you. It's not anything anyone should have to go through.
    Personally I do not currently believe in God's existence, but if there is, I hope Austin is forgiven.

5. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +130
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Nobody should have to go through this Mel. And I am sorry that you had to. Things do need to be changed. We need more help for the mentally unstable and even stricter gun laws. Personally I think that 18 is not the age that you should be allowed to purchase a firearm. Also I think that there should be stricter laws on drinking and things like medical marijuana because people seem to get their hands on those, Then they get high and/or drunk and then they go and do something like this because they abuses their privileges. Once again I am sorry that you had to go through this. I wish you the best of luck helping your family cope with what has happened.

6. creepertec2000

creepertec2000 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    Well, I could argue against some of your points, for many reasons. But this neither the time or place, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut... Maybe I'll PM you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +130
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    feel free to.