1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Town New Towny Rule

Discussion in 'Town & Nations' started by Shiz, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiz

Shiz YALA! Admin

Ratings:
    +584
    Minecraft:
    Shizaye
    The following law has been passed by the Broncin Admin team - effective immediately:

Town Ranks:
    Mayors & Co-Mayors:
    A player must be the Mayor rank to be hold this towny position.
    Assistants:
    A player must be the Citizen rank to hold this position - This may change to the Mayor rank in the near future.

Cost:
    Failure to adhere by this rule will result in a fine. This fine will total 35% of the Mayors, Co-Mayor, Assistants and Town Balance and will be removed by an Admin. If you're found bypassing this fine by sending your money to "off shore accounts" - The Broncin Tax Office will find a way to ensure you are paying a 35% fine.

Reporting:
    This law can be enforced by anyone on the server. Simply find a user who has a town rank and they shouldn't and take a screenshot. Then send a link to the screenshot in a ticket. Alternatively - If you're lazy, send a private message to a staff member and have them take a screenshot and upload to the staff Discord.
    *Players who find towns in breach of this rule will receive a portion of the fine as a reward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +51
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Good thing I have the funds to promote all my staff right now, when does this go into affect?

Also if you change it to assistants being mayor rank you are further halting the growth of towns making more people mad (which people already are) and making them want to quit. When the server started there was much more people on, you are now declining in members once again because of these types of descisions. You guys MUST watch your descisons and consult with players that are actually playing as ranked people in broncin or the server will die.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HoshiKurama

HoshiKurama Admin Admin

Ratings:
    +91
    Minecraft:
    HoshiKurama
    I agree with everything but the possibility of changing assistant to require the mayor rank. Like uk has already said, it will make people leave and halt town growth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Azera_321

Azera_321 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +56
    Minecraft:
    Azera_321
    Agreed completely.

5. Shiz

Shiz YALA! Admin

Ratings:
    +584
    Minecraft:
    Shizaye
    You guys (Broncin Players) are honestly a bunch of whingers.....

Even if I made assistants must have Mayor rank....simply give individual players the ability to build on specific chunks. Problem solved.

As per the original post - "Effective Immediately"

6. !BigSeven32!

!BigSeven32! Diamond Miner

Ratings:
    +105
    Minecraft:
    BigSeven32
    Ok thank you!
    ---------------------

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. yankeepride1

yankeepride1 Diamond Miner

Ratings:
    +48
    Minecraft:
    YankeeDoodle
    Why is there so many rules now for towny. Like wtf is going on....

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +51
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Whiners or not we are the ones that keep the server alive so I suggest that you listen to what the community says... also it’s super annoying giving out individual plots for building, just let us choose when we want to promote people to assistant.

9. RexRekts

RexRekts Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    Sk8ter1232012
    Rules are rules, if you don’t like them then get out.

10. Rocken1

Rocken1 2tokensandablue Admin

Ratings:
    +124
    Minecraft:
    Rocken1
    What he said

Feel free to object it somehow, if you want :)

11. RexRekts

RexRekts Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    Sk8ter1232012
    I hate this and this shouldn’t even be a thing. I’m quitting broncin.

12. Stomper

Stomper Civilian

Ratings:
    +26
    Minecraft:
    StomperFTW
    "Im watching you, ... Always watching. Always!" - Roz from monsters inc

13. Shiz

Shiz YALA! Admin

Ratings:
    +584
    Minecraft:
    Shizaye
    If you're disliking that you have to be a Mayor rank to be either Mayor/Co-Mayor of a town then that won't change. If you're quitting because you have to be a Citizen to be an assistant - do /rankup. It's easy.

You guys act like the world is ending - but it's not...

The main reason behind this law is to stop users creating towns for other users, then giving it to people who didn't even prestige....What's the point of Mayor prestige then?

You guys are simply whinging because you have to actually do Mayor Prestige....Well honestly - Too bad, Mayors of towns were only supposed to be players who actually ranked up through the prestige. Unfortunately, there was a loop hole meaning ANYONE could become a Mayor of a town - All they would need is a Mayor ranked player to set them as Mayor.

To add further incentive to Mayor Prestige, it was agreed by Admins that to be a Co-Mayor you SHOULD need to be a Mayor ranked user too...This user is practically the second in-charge of the town.

Assistants have less perms than Mayors/Co-Mayors at the moment and that is why you only have to be a Citizen for that. If you guys thought less about whinging and more about why a rule is implemented - you wouldn't act childish about it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +51
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I am coming from the stand point of assistants possible having to be mayors. The fact is you can not say oh your whining stop whining, when you are a manager these are the comments that make people see you worse, blaming things and saying your whining why don’t you think of the rule more does not make you look better nor the servers staff as a whole. These are the types of comments that make people want to leave the server and makes people mad, I’ve personally seen comments on this and right know I can tell you we are well on our way to going down the same road as 1.0. Something must be changed and I suggest you turn things around immediately. As for your future assistant mayor thing it’s just dum, do assistants irl need the same specifications and experience that their boss has? No... also assistant makes more people want to be active, they have something to want to strive for in a town, sure you can say “uh duh they have mayor prestige” well maybe they don’t want to do that maybe they don’t have the time to do it. Towns are the most vital source of keeping this server alive so let us mayors handle a piece of this. If mayors work on keeping their players active the server will be more active meaning more people. Right now with the player base you have, you CAN NOT be making types of decisions that people hate, listen to the people because we are the ones that play on the server and help make the server what it is!

These are not the comments that make the community feel happy about our staff and what they think of us.

• Like Like x 1
  15. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +113
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Ok. Here is what I am saying. These are decisions that are good. Why are you whinging about the assistant rule? I mean Ive seen you rank people up to join your town. And as your statements on the co mayor thing Read the prefix? Co MAYOR It has mayor in the name thus meaning it should be for mayors only.

16. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +51
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Maybe I have made this unclear, I am coming from the stand point of this comment “A player must be the Citizen rank to hold this position - This may change to the Mayor rank in the near future.” I am fine with mayors and co mayors needing to be of a mayor rank, that part makes sense and I can rank my assistants up to citizen if need be. However I am nor in support of assistants needing the mayor rank and that’s what my message above is talking about. Sorry if that was unclear. But we must all act in a a professional way and makes descisions that more people are in support of not just staff here at broncin. I suggest more polls on big descisions like these.

17. Azera_321

Azera_321 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +56
    Minecraft:
    Azera_321
    @th3m3w I agree with having co mayor being mayor but if I were you I wouldn't say how you fully support this. If this rule was in effect for Broncin 1.0 you wouldn't of owned London because you were a citizen not a mayor. It just seems kinda hypercritical.

18. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +113
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    And? I got mayor eventually. I understand the point and the point I was attempting to make was that people can do mayor prestige (It isn't that hard if you get armor from voting and just mine.) I don't think assistant should need mayor but I think Citizen. if you were saying that they should be able to get it as Member or something then that is weird.

19. Obsidian

Obsidian One Hit Wonder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Obsidiangalaxy
    Guys it is the staff’s desicision on whatever they want to do. U can complain all u want but I’m sorry to say it won’t get u very far.

20. Shiz

Shiz YALA! Admin

Ratings:
    +584
    Minecraft:
    Shizaye
    The "may change to mayor" was put there to determine how the community reacted, some may have agreed to it or others not so much.

Based on the community responses, the rule will stay as is and will not be changed any further.

Mayors & Co-Mayors must be "Mayor" ranked users and Assistants must be "Citizen" - This is how it will stay and there will be no future changes.

The purpose of this rule to begin with was to stop players circumventing the point of Mayor Prestige. To own or co-own a town you must go through Mayor Prestige. To have a mayor make a town and then set you as a Mayor is a form of exploiting in it's own. So this rule makes doing so clear that it is wrong.

Thread Locked.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.