1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Message from a Broncin vet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MysteriousSenpai, Feb 26, 2019.

1. MysteriousSenpai

MysteriousSenpai Fugie

Ratings:
    +2
    Minecraft:
    SamWillGoHam
    Oh, childhood memories.

Greetings, my name is Sam, but when I played Broncin I was known as "lalaohlolcoo" and later "MysteriousSenpai". That was about 3 - 4 years ago, damn. I was much younger then, I'm 15 and a highschool sophomore now. I remember being like 11 years old, disrespecting staff one day and applying for Moderator the next. Obviously, like most 10 - 11 year olds, I was very immature back then- Oh, if only the server still existed now, I truly think I'd have a chance at becoming staff. I've grown alot, mentally, I wish the old 2015/16 admins could see me now.

I came here, to these forums, because I've simply been thinking about my childhood lately. I occasionally like to reminisce and laugh at my younger self. Broncin was a big part of my tween years, I'd say. I still remember a lot about my time on that server...who my friends were, who my enemies were, etc. I am quite surprised to see some familiar usernames still active on the forums.

But of course, Broncin was around for many years. Like many things in life, Minecraft servers don't last forever. I imagine the owner(s) are adults with lives outside of Minecraft, with not enough time to run the server. Even so, I am sad to see Broncin go, as I was thinking of hopping on to see how much has changed over the years. At least I'll always have those childhood memories, as will many others like me.

Anyway, any other Broncin vets here? SamWillGoHam#2005 , hmu comrades, I wonder if anyone here remembers me XD

P.S. I was reading another thread and saw something about a Broncin-like server, highly considering checking that out. You may be seeing more of me.

Update:

Tried out that "Twilight City" server about an hour ago. Have to say, I am disappointed. It is nothing like Broncin once was, and I'll explain why. If a staff member of said server happens to read this, pay attention, what I'm about to describe is causing your server to lose players.

So me and my buddy get on the server, gameplay is okay, we rank up a few times and rent an apartment. Everything was cool until two people (I won't name any names) start harassing us in chat, telling us to leave the server and that they want us banned. One of them even sent my friend a written book that contained a death threat. I repeatedly asked if I did something wrong, with no answer. I then just decided to give up and leave the server, as they were starting to genuinely upset me. What's worse is that staff did nothing to help the situation.

The people on Broncin were never like this. Broncin was a wonderful, welcoming, kind community that never tried to turn people away. I'm really upset that I'm not finding that same community on Twilight City, and that is why I will not be returning. It doesn't have to be like this for every new player, however. My suggestion is to enforce chat rules such as respect for others and no bullying. Remove toxic players like the ones I described, so that the kind players I remember can prevail.

I am leaving Broncin in my childhood where it belongs, goodbye.

2. Chicken

Chicken Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +159
    Minecraft:
    The_Chicken_Guy
    honestly bruh i was hella toxic back then lmaoo the difference from when i was 11 back when i played compared to me being 16 now is crazy, its insane how anybody actually liked me bruh i was crazy annoyin but whatever, and yeah that twilight city was a huge disappointment. that **** was pure ass. nothing like broncin, guess broncin will just be a legendary one of a kind thing sad that it ended.. i kind of remember u from the name lalaohlolcoo but i aint sure tbh its a faded memory

3. EnderEnderEnder

EnderEnderEnder One Hit Wonder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    those players are not "toxic players", they are former broncin players, and therefore perceive you as still being a toxic player like you were when you were a broncin player, hell, i wouldn't be surprised if the owner permanently banned you just because you are percieved as a toxic player and were hated on broncin.

i got permanently banned by the owner of twilight city because he knew i was the most hated player OF ALL TIME on broncin, and still am, if not more so, i hadn't done anything wrong on twilight city and he permanently banned me.

and much to my anger, it looks like i will never be unbanned, and I'm not exaggerating, i believe i WILL stay banned.

4. Kartingst

Kartingst Officer Officer Moderator

Ratings:
    +172
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    Hey there! I'm a moderator in Twilight City, this is 100% unnaceptable! Mind sending me your logs, images and the names of the players so that we can take immediate action?

My discord: Kart#1300

5. MunchyMuncher

MunchyMuncher Fugie

Ratings:
    +3
    Minecraft:
    WungaWunga
    Hey there! I'm the owner of TC, and I'm sorry to hear this. I've looked into the log files and in-game, and I'm afraid there's wrongdoing on both sides. Attached to this post is the server log file when you were online (you log in at 17:19 and leave 19:00). First, I'd like to mention that although you said that the server doesn't have a kind and welcoming community, you, along with your friend, weren't exactly the tenderest players, either. During your time online, your friend repeatedly rebuked several players for any grammar mistakes, typos, and misspellings. He/she also insulted a player's mother (Line 3,046), called another an a** (3,374), and labelled a third as autistic (3,717). Worse still, you weren't exempt from unruly conduct, either. You mentioned being an officer on another server (3,196), talked about wanting to participate in "inappropriate verbal language" (2732, I hope that was sarcastic.), and tried to start indecent conversation with another player (3433). The officer you speak of (there were no staff online at the time of the incident) has been evaluated for integrity and will be demoted shortly. While several players were upset and said some wrong things, you can't say that their behavior was unprovoked. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j81bbjjxlcay2d/2019-02-26-1.log?dl=0

6. EnderEnderEnder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    hey "professional" server owner, you know it isn't very owner-like to ban me on the basis that i was toxic on another server, i hadn't done anything wrong on your server (apart from trying to report a possible exploit as means of helping your server), and i had no plans on breaking server rules, yet you permanently banned me with no option to appeal, and i have no way of appealing it because YOUR server lacks a forums and i have no working discord invite to your discord server.

7. Otang

Otang Civilian

Ratings:
    +28
    Minecraft:
    _MaiJI_
    Lol still complaining Ender. Give credit from your Broncin reputation for your ban. Wunga has a good reason for banning you.;):cool:

8. EnderEnderEnder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Endershadeow
    by assuming that im gonna hack his server without any reason?

9. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +134
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    As much as I agree that the behavior was unprovoked if the players were staff members I believe they should get some sort of punishment for their actions ( Sorry havent been on recently since PC Broke can you check your discord dms from me) Staff are supposed to act responsible and professional when responding to other players and their problems. I can talk to you bout this. I think you have my discord but if not
    PhnxR th3m3w#0504

10. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +66
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I’m going to have to disagree with many of you here. Every server is going to have its ups and downs in chat and a poor community, broncin had people killing fugies... welcoming? I think not. Not saying broncin was bad because it was amazing but every server will have some problem like that. I also want to comment that twilight city is similar and different in many ways but I see that it’s an improvement in numerous ways when compared to Broncin and it’s commonly talked about problems that weren’t solved. Owning a server is hard give wunga a break, if some players enjoy that who cares... a server can’t appeal to everyone.