1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Law to stop staff from stealing

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by neveldraz, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neveldraz

neveldraz Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +185
    Minecraft:
    neveldraz
    Ok, so kart says staff are allowed to steal from players, and stuff.

1) Admins are not allowed to steal players stuff

2) Admins (and staff in general) can not reveal the contents of chests to other players

I know these sound like common sense things, but we don't have rules for this.

2. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +130
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Define "steal" for me. If he means steal items from unclaimed plots then it is Ok. if you mean steal from towns and raid then that is a gray area or is just not allowed.

3. Kartingst

Kartingst Officer Officer Moderator

Ratings:
    +172
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    I never said that staffs are allowed to steal.

I said that there are no rules that talks about stealing. But there are rules about minor and major griefing. That's all I said.

I also doubt that the admins are allowed to steal. The only time admins are allowed to remove items from chests and enderchests is when they find an item that you aren't supposed to have.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    This might go off of what you said but I think there should be a rule that states admins can not share information of a town (coords, election results, signs, info said in tc etc) with other players. I see it as a big problem and kinda shows bias to some players tbh

5. Awit

Awit Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +9
    Minecraft:
    AWITFC
    This is already a rule for ALL staff. Infomation that cannot be found by a regular player without any assistance is ONLY shared among other staff members. I'm not sure where the misinformation that people had been doing that came from.

6. Rocken1

Rocken1 2tokensandablue Admin

Ratings:
    +124
    Minecraft:
    Rocken1
    Staff can't "steal", nor disclose any information about the contents of a chest/item if its not accessable to everyone (city plots).

Staff are allowed to "steal" items if that certain item can be accessed through the use of manually granted permissions or roleplay. Manually granted permissions include: towny permissons or shared city plot perms. For example, if say a Moderator has assistant rank in a town, and they can access any chest, this is considered roleplay and they may "steal" these items. It is entirely the Mayor's responsibility to grant such permissions.

Admins can't "steal" items from players. However, if an item is considered to be exploited or cheated in any way, an Admin has the right to remove it until it has been declared legitimate or not. In the case the item is glitched, the item is removed, and based on its severity, the player is punished.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  7. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +61
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Unfortunately there has been a breach in this rule. Yes there are screen shots. All I ask is that this rule is better enforced and information isn’t leaked again

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rocken1

Rocken1 2tokensandablue Admin

Ratings:
    +124
    Minecraft:
    Rocken1
    Report it. Thanks :)

Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.