1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Is broncin dead? ( My Opinion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by th3m3w, Aug 7, 2018.

1. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +127
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Yknow I see lots of things saying that broncin is dead.... But what I dont understand is for new players that we get do you think having them seeing tons of people going "The server is dead" will make them want to stay? Personally I dont think so. Also this ISN'T a rant about the people that just afk but I don't think that people that are new like to see half of the server AFK at a time. Even though we have a AFK kicker they will just log on again and continue afking.

Now onto how the admins can fix this. (I guess a suggestion? lol)
    Get some more ways of advertising.
    2. Have a top voter reward thing. This encourages people to vote which gives us publicity
    3. Finish Drug Lord. If there are players that have nothing to do then they will quit due to bordem.

Leave what you think the admins can do to help revive broncin in the comments :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. __Puggles__

__Puggles__ Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +69
    Minecraft:
    __Puggles__
    @th3m3w , If Drug Lord releases and everyone finishes it, we will still be bored because we have finished everything! We will be back to square 1. My Opinion is that we need to more something entertaining 24/7, that means you can play it forever. You can't complete it. For Example,Mini Games. I know Drug Lord was in 1.0 but the same thing keeps on repeating, "Yay I complete this! what am I suppose to do now". Personally I think the only reason Broncin is dying because of the lack of entertainment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +127
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    personally I think they should release DL And Doctor at the same time so that the players could be entertained for quite a while. Doctor takes a long time and players that do it are normally in for about a month. as that is happening the admins could work on minigames. Players that choose not to do any prestige have the option to anyway so :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. __Puggles__

Ratings:
    +69
    Minecraft:
    __Puggles__
    I agree, but what about the other players that decide they won't try doctor because they’re too lazy. Not gonna lie but these New Players are very lazy. They want something easy to do instead of ranking up all the time. Therefore Minigames! Your idea could work though, If Doctor and Drug Lord comes out at the same time, then the admins will have less than a month to prepare minigames for Broncin. I’m basically saying Broncin is hard work and these new players just find Broncin boring because they don’t want to do work/rank up.;)

5. MelCat

MelCat Retired

Ratings:
    +273
    Minecraft:
    MomMelCat
    In a way I see the "lack of entertainment" statement true. After a while things just got too boring. Also I think a lot of people just moved on because there are other games out there to play. Broncin was the only reason I played Mine Craft. There were no other servers out there for me that really interested me.
    Plus, after the reset we were in a way promised to get all of spawners back but that never happened. At least I didn't stay around long enough after I finished Mayor to see if it would happen because of work. But usually the answer is always like well "you have to wait until Stu or Shiz is on or when ever all the planets are aligned." So the answer was pretty much "No, you won't get your spawners back." "No we won't fix your problem. No you won't get your perm house back. No you will never be put back on staff. Oh, you paid twice for mayor? Sorry to hear that. It must really suck to have your 500k taken twice because you didn't take a screen shot before you had the money taken." I used to have like 1 million. Now I'm down to like 13k I think.
    Not to mention how buggy Mayor was. I must have gotten my crap stolen from me while in a so called safe zone by another player. Or maybe there aren't any safe zones in Mayor from PVP. You would think behind the green line means you are safe is PVP always on. Never really cared to get an answer just got through it.
    I also lost my trust in Broncin for a lot of reasons. I did nothing but try to hep and I got shafted as usual. I would really like to play again some day, but probably won't. I like reading the forums though. And I will vote every couple of weeks to get enough money to get my months rent for my flat in Donor.
    Well I can rant for ever, but until Broncin starts saying "Yes" again to things I really don't think that it will ever be like it was 2 years ago. Before the "less lines" rule. where people could role play. It doesn't really matter any more if you curse, so moderator is useless. I don't even have chat turned on anymore. So if someone talks to me, I wouldn't even know it. I don't think I would ever go into town or low class, so to me cops are useless too. Sorry, the cops and killers aspect of the game isn't needed. Like in real life, there is never a cop around in an emergency.
    Really all you need is some people who are able to solve issues who are on all of the time. Like fixing signs or replacing anvils when they break.
    You have the staff to do that. The cops and mods now should just have limited commands to fix things like admins.
    "Oh you're staff? hey you know the sign from CityHall to voter doesn't work, and I voted"
    re:"Make a ticket and wait until the planets are aligned or an admin comes on who knows how fix it."

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ryah

Ryah Fugie

Ratings:
    +8
    Minecraft:
    Ryah
    If you've known me for a long time, you'll know I've always been extremely vocal about Broncin's problems. To the point where I would go out of my way and try to get people to listen. Once no one did, I either just continually did the problem or exploit until someone caught me and they were forced to patch or correct the problem. A lot has always been wrong with Broncin, and honestly, nothing really has changed. This isn't a compliment, either. Broncin has always had problems and now that people are leaving, everyone is either now realizing it or just saying the server is bad because they don't want to admit that it's always had problems. I wanted to help out Broncin, but I was never in a place with absolute power. Heck, some of my suggestions were only considered because I have a way of annoying Awit to listen to me sometimes.

Yes, Broncin is dying. There's no question about it. Broncin has been dying since 2014-2015.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

There are things I agree with and disagree with on this thread. I'll break it down by post with spoiler tags and separators so this post isn't just a huge wall of text.

I completely agree with the first point. Broncin needs advertising, which KiLO was supposed to bring. Everyone has the idea that KiLO was guaranteed to bring players to Broncin, but that isn't the case at all. We can't force players to join the server (well, we probably can, but then no one would want to use the client). Saying KiLO is a failure because we didn't bring players is pretty stupid, since bringing players to Broncin wasn't our main goal. I personally decided to help out Broncin since it hurt seeing a server I played on in 2013 die in this way, so I wanted to see if I could help.

I'm 99% sure I shouldn't post this, but I will anyways to prove my point. Here is a screenshot from our analytics showing the top 5 servers KiLO users have in their server list.
    [​IMG]
    Notice how many people have Broncin on their server list. How many people joined? Certainly not that many. We did what we were supposed to do, and people do know about Broncin. They just haven't joined, which is something we can't ethically force them to do.

Your second point I agree with as well. I don't have much to say about it, though. Another idea I had that was similar to yours is basically gray-listing the server. Make it to where you get a free rankup or something by posting your IGN in a Minecraft Forum thread. With every person posting in that MCForum thread, it bumps the thread which gets more people to see the server and the process repeats. The only thing is, a solid 99% of the people in charge don't do **** or won't change because they think that something worked before, so it must work now. Sadly, it doesn't work like that. If it did, my job as a Website Developer would be so much easier.

Your third point is something that I have a slight problem with, though. Minecraft is an open-ended sandbox game. I get your boredom to an extent, but if you're bored on Broncin then you must not like Vanilla either. Once you finish Drug Lord, you can make and run a shop, or make a spawner, or just build a city. There is quite a bit to do, it's just people's lack of imagination and/or creativity that's blocking them. That's not exactly a bad thing, though. It's not for everyone. This server is a grind, but there is no end game, and that's the point. If there was, then once you reach the end game then people will leave. What would you rather have? A roadblock at the end saying you can't join anymore because you finished the game and have the option to restart from square one? Or continue where you are and be able to do pretty much anything. Towny is weird in the aspect that you don't have raiding or anything like in Factions, so you have to get creative in what you want to do.
    This goes back to my response with m3w's argument on this. Minecraft is an open-ended sandbox game. You make your own fun when there is none shown infront of you. I agree Minigames are a good addition to Broncin, and they were there back in 1.0. I don't know why they were removed, and I wish they weren't, but if there are no minigames then you make some. In Espen, jojo5bob0 and I literally made our own King of the Vine arena in a cave underground and that's occupied us for a long time. I guess my main point in this is it's not Broncin's fault you're bored. There's nothing stopping you from making your own Spleef arena or speedrunning the jail escape or something. It'll give you something to do, and then you get the gratification that you made something that other people will have fun with.
    I'm not quoting MelCat's post since it's a wall in itself and I don't want to make my post any more visually straining than it already is, so I'll just place the spoiler tags under this and make small quotes to what I'm replying to.

Also, Mel, I know we never really saw eye to eye and I've been very vocal about your arguments and you have with mine. But, I have to say, on this post, I agree with most of your arguments. There are some I personally disagree with but those are my own viewpoints that are most of the time subjective unless said otherwise.
    Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes 1000 times yes. Seriously, even now I've been very vocal about the staff and their inactivity. This is a problem that needs to be solved before ANYTHING else. Hoshi is pretty much the only admin who gets on at least once a week. It's disgusting how little the admins care about this server.

To add onto that point as well, the censorship on here is disgusting. My last ban on Broncin was in 2015 and it was a perm ban for being vocal about the problems with the server. I changed nothing about what I say, but now that I'm in a position of "power" it's suddenly a good thing? That doesn't make ANY sense. I believe in transparency and the community making the server and whenever I have to prove that point, I show Broncin as a shining example of what not to do. Even back then, the corruption and censorship was abundant, and the people who say otherwise are just the ones who the admins favored.

It really sucks, but I have to agree with this as well. The staff are not accepting of change and that's another problem with Broncin. Every change I proposed got roadblocked by current admins yelling at us because we did it "without their permission". Yet, as you stated in your last point, they're never on. I'm guess you all see the problem here. This happens every time, and I'm not the only one who feels this way. Then people will point fingers at Awit telling him to do it, even though the past few months of my life have been getting Awit away from Broncin and start back working on KiLO because Broncin was taking up 99.9999% of his time. I honestly and truly hate to admit it but part of me slightly regrets trying to help this server because of backlash from the players and staff alike. I felt unwanted and pushed out by not only the players but also by people I work with and people I've known for years because I had this "obligation" to somehow hypnotize people to join Broncin with a shiny new Minecraft client. Awit and my job isn't Broncin. Hell, even ValeriyaFF's job isn't Broncin. We are all developers in one way or another on KiLO, and that's been our main priority.

These were the terms that I set in front of Stu. These were the only things we said we were "obligated" to provide for the partnership and Stu agreed to these.
    [​IMG]
    Notice where we said that we would bring players to the server? If you did, then please point to me where I stated that, because I don't see it anywhere. Everyone saying I did need to stop putting words in my mouth. If I wanted that, I'd go back to 7th grade.

But I digress. That turned into a general rant there. Let's continue.

Sorry for editing your post a slight bit. I tried formatting it better to make it a bit easier to read. One of the main things I've ripped to shreds in this is the staff problem, and even back in 2013-2015 I've been pushing to give Moderator more commands and permissions. Even now, I want to give mods more commands and make a new staff rank called Helper with some of the current mod permissions, but for some reason everyone on the staff team thinks this is a bad idea. Even though pretty much ever server under the sun has a Helper rank and it is been the best solution in both practice and execution to fix a major staff problem, Broncin won't do it. Even the new staff have a problem with this in some way or just don't want to add it (lookin @ you Awit), and now it's too late to fix it because no one cares about Broncin anymore. I mean hell, I've personally given up because I don't feel welcome here anymore. I shouldn't have to force a server I'm partnering with to make a change to a HUGE problem that's been plaguing Broncin since it's conception. The Mod Handbook is **** and hasn't been updated since 2014, and the rules are so vague that it somehow allows massive corruption to take place but yet you can't say "hola" when someone comes on. You can break 4 rules at once and because of the lack of communication on the staff team, no one knows how long to mute someone for.

Before I said I didn't care about Broncin anymore, I was supposed to help rewrite the current rules to make them more streamline and regulated, and so people who have 50+ mutes can't just get unmuted and make the same mistake. But no, we got nowhere, as usual. It really sucks that the person who is supposed to be promoting this server is now on here because they gave up. I've done nothing but trying to work on this server and improve it for the past 6 months but all I got was rejections and people on Broncin saying I'm just leeching off of Broncin for money (which, again, look at the above screenshot with the terms sent to Stu) and people blaming ME for players not joining. Again, this goes back to me saying IT'S NOT MY FAULT NO ONE IS JOINING.

Oh hey, I ranted again. Oh well, we had to fit that in somewhere.

Moderators need more permissions. They NEED more permissions. The whole "well then they can't play" argument is a joke. That's what alts are for, and also that is something moderators need to consider before applying. Also, this allows for a graceful addition to the Helper role where you can get used to the stupidly large amount of redundant commands that all do the same thing and try to run the Moderator Handbook through Google Translate a few times to better understand the gibberish that's on that PDF.

Let's make a hypothetical situation here. Imagine you join a server called YourPlex, and something goes massively wrong and you get irreversibly stuck and you need someone to TP to you and fix it. You see a Moderator on, if you asked them to TP to you and help you out. Well, the person replies back with "Make a ticket and we will get back to you in 3 business days". Are you ever going to play on that server again? No, because you won't remember in 3 days. You'll be off playing another server that's pretty much the same as YourPlex except it's done better, named HighPickle, which is an objectively cooler name, and there's more players and staff that actually care. You see where I'm getting at here, right? Making a ticket is not the solution to the problem, it just prolongs and possibly amplifies the problem.
    That's all I have to say about this thread. I ranted a lot in Mel's post, but overall I really agree with most of these points. Broncin is dying, and at this point I'm just going to let it. The community is retarded, the staff is bigoted and ignorant to the real problems despite the constant complaints, and even 1000 players having Broncin in their server list won't get people to join. There's nothing left I can do, so maybe it's time for everyone to stop telling me that I'm leeching off of Broncin for money or that I'm obligated to help the server. I did what I came to do.

You can't help something that doesn't want to be helped. R.I.P Broncin.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. XxMiningProxXv2

XxMiningProxXv2 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +117
    Minecraft:
    XxMiningProxXv2
    If there is no one on broncin to see it dying, is it really dying?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +59
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Ok since I really don’t have time to read some of your incredibly long messages (hats of to you for taking the time to write those in such a... well a sensitive time. My suggestions are simple and should NOT TAKE MORE THEN A WEEK TO CHANGE! (Atleast of of them). For the easy one simply change fugie spawn. Fugues have absolutely no reason to spawn by city hall. Make them spawn in that tunnel thing so it’s easier for them to see what they should be doing. And if you wanna dispute the voter area... add a voter warp sign in the tunnel (if you haven’t already). I also want to point out that we hardly ever see admins they are constantly in vanish it seems. You must connect with the community and be on the front lines. I once heard someone say I’d you want to see the root of the problem go to the front lines. The people are that. Sure you can see pms but come out of vanish and show us your there and still working and trying to fix the server. As for a little harder one I want the admins do add something that rewards play time. Let’s say you pay for 1/2 hour straight then maybe you’ll get payed like 500 or maybe you played for 5 mins straight and you’ll get 50. It’s not much but it can add up, it’s simply the reason people gamble one... gamble again gamble again... you need to make people think they are making progress and advancing for them to stay and enjoy. Now Ik this next one is controversial and I doubt it’ll get changed but it’s obviously an issue. BRONCINGS GRIND! There are countless towny servers out there when you can create a town right when you join or close to it. Remove some ranks, lower the rank up price, or let people join a town after ranking up to a lower rank like farmer. Ik the rank up system is what makes broncin unique but it’s a grind and no new person wants to do that anymore. Wth do we have to lose anyways, some nights we only have 2 people on, it’s reached a point when we have to risk things and try it no mater what. And of corse not of these suggestions will mater, we must advertise the living crap outa this server by anyway possible. As a recap of my suggestions.
    1. Change fugie spawn
    2. Admins out of vanish to connect with us
    3. Play time reward
    4. Low ranks able to join a town easier
    5. Advertise

I’m just gunna qoute it an put it out there, but i agree with nearly 96% of what you and Mel have said. Especially with the constant No No to bad wait for the planets to align stuff. Completely true, and a big problem.

I also apologise for my kilo rant, without Knowing statistics it was not the right thing to do, I see now that kilo brought players (probs stayed for a very short amount of time) but broncin failed to retain them.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kartingst

Kartingst Officer Officer Moderator

Ratings:
    +172
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    UK: "I dont have time to read some of your incredibly long messages"
    Also UK: *Makes an incredibly long message*

In my opinion, broncin just needs something that entertains players all the time. Quests, minigames, events that are being held often, etc. Broncin isn't dying, it just needs something new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +127
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Aight time to take another half hour to respond!
    @Ryah I agree with all your posts. Great 30 minutes of my time it took to read. lol

@uk_king_007 I agree with most of your points except for the playtime rewards & the admin vanish thing. Admins go into vanish because they dont want to be bugged constantly by players to do stuff that the players can do themselfs. And for the playtime rewards people AFK all the time. half the time when I do log on I see half the players AFK.

@Kartingst ur a noob. but good points anyway

@MelCat I agree with what you say. Broncin needs to make up it's mind with key things that players have been wanting ( If that wasn't what you were tryina say then... im stupid I guess? XD)

• Like Like x 1
  11. __Puggles__

Ratings:
    +69
    Minecraft:
    __Puggles__
    I agree with this post making my own mini games, but there are barely any players online to play with. Maybe I wasn't too clear in my post, but I was trying to say that we can use minigames to lure players on Broncin so they could think, "Hey This is a Fun Server! I'm so gonna play this again!" Then Gradually they will warm up to Broncin and play Broncin City! It's just an idea for now. Also Making Minigames will take a pretty long time for me in Broncin City. I know, if I put my head to it I can accomplish anything, but I don't know if Broncin can go this long with 3-5 players a day. My main point is that Broncin is dying and we need to make something fun/entertaining to save it.

12. Leviatharrongon

Leviatharrongon Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +70
    Minecraft:
    Leviatharrongon
    Lol top voter reward only happened once.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +59
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I’m not asking for admins to be out of vanish 24/7 but 1/2 hour or an hour whenever they got on. Staff have staff chat so you guys can interact but to other players admins are like shadow figures we know exist but know nothing of. Sure they go out of vanish to not be bugged but we are the people they need to be interacting with and create friendships with. It’s the same with police going to events trying to create a good relationship with the people they serve. And play time rewards aren’t meant to be attractive for high ranks, their for low ranks to encourage gameplay and make it look like oo I’m winning I’m doing good just by being here (who wouldn’t like to see Hey! You played for 15mins, activity reward: $50). And maybe the play time rewards can reset when someone afks or only work when your actively playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MelCat

MelCat Retired

Ratings:
    +273
    Minecraft:
    MomMelCat
    Most people know I don't hold grudges for a long time. I never had a real big issue with you. I don't even know who you were before you were "Ryah" since you said you were playing on Broncin around 2014-2015. Or maybe I just forgot who you were if you were Ryah. I have a lot memory issues due to hospitalization.
    Anyway, I do think that @Kartingst has to get his head out of the dirt by thinking that just a few mini-games is going to fix all of Broncin's issues. It goes way deeper than that.
    @th3m3w is pretty much on target on the idea on what I am trying to say. A lot of changes need to take place with the way things are run. And @Ryah you see the same things I am seeing and probably have been for a long time now.
    I feel bad for the place Awit and Hoshi were put in. They are the only ones who actually seem to put the time in with the server. I understand that other people have lives like work school friends life... Myself included, or I would be on more.(not)

I don't feel sorry for you and the Kilo team. You got involved with this server and now are expected to fix the issues instead of working on your client, which in my opinion will fail anyway since they put Discord on the X-Box and those who play Mine Craft on there or the PC can reach whomever they want whenever they want from any game they are in. Your client is neat, don't get me wrong, but it's as out dated as MySpace. Plus companies like the company and I work for will never recognize you along with many others because of the name history Kilo has. If you were smart, a complete name overhaul would be ideal. You can censor, ban me or delete this post, but in reality the name is really f'ing you guys and the server over.
    @__Puggles__ I still think you have the cutest name ever in a game.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  15. justifyletters

justifyletters Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +95
    Minecraft:
    justifyletters
    Nah it’s pretty much dead. This was the case back in Broncin 1.0, it’s happening again believe it or not. The people who are responsible for the server don’t even care anymore - and it is very obvious this is the case. Firstly, the player count is low and it suggests that there is something wrong - not according to the all-mighty admins though!

Here’s what I think needs to be done:

- Change lower class so that it’ll be easier than it is now
    - Make lower class pvp-free so that people with p4 and sharp 5 don’t attack and kill fugies with no gear
    - Change the admin team to people who actually care about the server and who are active
    - Put some effort into designing and coding, not just taking a random plugin off the internet, configuring it and introducing it into Broncin.
    - Finish Drug lord and introduce doctor prestige
    - Introduce a levelling system with rewards so that players are motivated to play and compete
    - Remove & replace inactive staff or staff that don’t contribute to the server at all.

Broncin won’t survive anymore if the staff team continue to be inactive and not do anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +59
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Agreed but non of those fix the grind nor keeping people interested, no pvp great, fugitive easier great.... still a grind there. Your suggestion is a start but won’t fix everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +127
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Some of the staff team were still active during the fall of 1.0 and I still try to be active. but the server is no fun when it is just me.

Also How the Hell has nobody noticed that having 3/4 of the server AFK at one time isn't a good impression? I think that the AFK kicker helped but is it a giant thing that will fix it? No.

I agree with @justifyletters here. In 1.0 during the final month or so the staff teams were full but there were no players for the staff team to monitor. thus making officers/mods useless.

Also I f**king HATE to say this but if there are no PVPers then what is the point of officers? Half the time I feel like we are just normal staff that just rankup by being online. It was to the point where in 1.o I would get in like 1 fight per week and thats it. It wasn't that great and then broncin went into its. idk dead time? haitus? whatever im getting off track.

Also I feel that lack of advertising is a thing that needs to be adressed. I personally think that at this moment broncin will not survive unless the admins quickly find a new way to advertise the server or it will just simply vanish.

18. justifyletters

justifyletters Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +95
    Minecraft:
    justifyletters
    After all, these suggestions won’t be implemented as apparently they’re “unnecessary”.

19. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +59
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Have some hope bud

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +127
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Dude.... the staff team you were on was extremely different than the staff team is today. So have some hope that Hoshi or awit will implement them.