1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Guide rank

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by uk_king_007, Jun 20, 2018.

?

Add this

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +54
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    i think that with kilo we will get a ton of new players (I hope) however with so many players and with broncin huge drop out rate it may be helpful to add a guide rank to Broncin. I’ve seen some staff be very helpful and give low ranks tours which helps keep them on the server longer however when there is no staff on no one does this and offers a tour. With the guide rank the admins could choose a select few players that have been on the server a good amount of hours and are active. The guides would be appointed and not get payed. The only thing they would get is having a red [GUIDE] rank replace their rank beside their name, we want this to be as noticeable as possible so the new people can ask a guide for a tour or what not. With large amounts of players coming soon mods may not be able to keep up with all the questions and officers/ other staff may not be able to keep up with tours. Plus it’s always helpful to have a friend right of the bat that low ranks can talk to or whatever. With the high low rank drop out rate a guide may be helpful to show them around the map, answer questions and all that stuff. Anything to help the low ranks is a plus in my book.

Possible features during a tour:
    - guide toggles no pvp in the area around the new person and him
    - guide and new rank get immunity to people trying to attack them until the tour is over etc.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Otang

Otang Civilian

Ratings:
    +21
    Minecraft:
    _MaiJI_
    For some reason I remember Broncin 2.0 having some teleportation presentation thing where it showed you the city locations. I may be wrong. :p

3. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +54
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Same, idk where it went though I tried looking and it’s just gone

4. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +119
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Officers can guide players around.

5. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +54
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    Like I said in my original post, you guys do a good job of this (especially pug) but when kilo comes you guys could very well be swamped and a guide person or two may be helpful. Also what if a staff member isn’t on which happens a fair amount. Anything to help low ranks is a plus, the reason we lose low ranks is because they don’t understand the server and don’t know what to do. Many of us reading this do however let’s say you were dropped in the server with no knowledge of anything and no staff on. You probably wouldn’t know you have to walk through the tunnel that’s farish away then go mine and sell at a shop. A guide can help with this I mean hey don’t we want to keep low ranks active there is 0 harm in testing something like this.

6. __Puggles__

__Puggles__ Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +67
    Minecraft:
    __Puggles__
    This idea is good but I want to do all the tours.:p I prefer a guide book/signs than a person though. If I was a fugitive I would trust a book/signs more than a player. Plus, I think we as Staff can handle the new players. They luv me. Good Idea Though. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +119
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    they luv mews. not nooby pugz

8. creepertec2000

creepertec2000 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    What are the chances Broncin hit it's prime years ago and KilO won't bring in a ton of new players. I know this sounds cynical but seriously, I remember 2013-2015 being much better years for Broncin. Also, maybe I'm just out of the meta for Minecraft, but I never heard of KilO until a few months ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Azera_321

Azera_321 Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +58
    Minecraft:
    Azera_321
    @th3m3w Sometimes I don't see Officers online, so if someone joins you won't be on to give them a tour.

10. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +119
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    But is there a guarantee the guides will be on?

11. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +54
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    In increases the chances, we gotta think of ways to keep people on the sever and not just leave. Anything at all to help low ranks is good. Sure when an officer is on they can give the tours but if not then guides can take the duty. This is a simple simple rank that rly only needs a title and it’s done. Why not give something so simple a try.

I just gave a tour to musicppl and had them take a quick survey here are the results
    Did this tour help you better understand the server and want to stay longer: yes now I know where things are
    Would there have been something that would improve the tour further: I think it was just fine
    Would you prefer a staff member or a person with a guide rank give a tour or does it not mater: it dosent matter to me

In this tour I gave the fugitive food and 2k to get them on their way and motivated to stay on.

Unfortunately I was killed cough XVIIOSCAR and Himei_ killed me which ended the tour early. This problem should be addressed if this rank is added (makes the server look like we are thugs killing people who are trying to nicely give a tour)

12. creepertec2000

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom
    Honestly, I get the whole point of PVP zones, it worked really well when Broncin had more than a few active officers, but ever since officers were not able to keep people safe, fugie areas are places people with P4 armor and a Srp 6 sword with fire aspect 2 go to spawn kill people with at most iron armor.

13. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +54
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    It’s turned into an absolute blood bath, one of the reasons I don’t travel into the city.

14. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +119
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    We try our best with what we are provided with. Sorry if that isn't enough
    Can I get these players names so that I can have proof that it is actually working? because other than that it is sounding like you want /god or something so you wont get killed when giving one of these tours

15. Awit

Awit Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +9
    Minecraft:
    AWITFC
    This is almost word for word the definition of what officers are for though...

Surely a better way to fix the "problem" is just for us to continue recruiting more police. This is like the Minecraft equivalent of sticking a painting over a hole in the wall, giving regular players prefixes and abilities to disable PvP is just going to cause a superiority complex abuse, rather than address the root of the "problem".

Giving regular players these abilities can be very deceiving, it would be very easy for new players to mistake these "guides" as staff members and give them a false sense of security.

I strongly disagree with giving anything "special" to regular players that are not staff, this can easily be seen as favoritism and unfair.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Azera_321

Azera_321 Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +58
    Minecraft:
    Azera_321
    Then we should hire more officers.

17. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +119
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Maybe we would if we had more players that fit our standards

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  18. creepertec2000

Ratings:
    +90
    Minecraft:
    TooRandom

It's not your fault Broncin is dying, we need more cops or new players quit, but there are not enough players to turn into staff members, (and it's not really easy to become a staff member, I tried for 3 years, and the way everything works on Broncin seems not very great, like using a 2013 mob grinder in 1.12, it's not very effective.

19. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +54
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    There are often times when officers aren’t on, Ive seen it countless times. They log on see no one is on and then leave for extended periods of times. What if a new player comes on? A guide would have requirements like a certain number of hours and stuff like that so it wouldn’t be abuusive. Maybe the no pvp can have a timer to minimize corruption or only be given if a new player accepts a tour. These guides would be almost like a “test staff member” for the server and like it said in the survey she or he didn’t care if it was a staff member, now this is just one person but if new people join and no officers are on I will ask them the same survey. Weather you guys Give this rank or not I’m still going to give out tours when no staff are on. Staff not being on to give tours should not be the reason people leave and never come back. It’s simply heartless to kill someone while they are giving a tour to a new player, makes them look bad and the server. That’s one of the key reasons I am proposing this idea. That and also the fact staff are not always on and like th3 said there aren’t enough people that meet their standards. This rank is so easy to give (to the right respectful kind people) and dosent need stuff like excellence at pvp.

XVIIOSCAR and Himei_ Killed me and I gave the tour to musicppl last night

You’d have more players to apply if more people stayed on the server instead of leaving 10min in because they don’t know where the heck anything is/ what to do

In order to further prevent corruption guides would obviously have to follow certain rules directed toward them, we can’t have people walking around killing people without taking damage because they toggled no pvp

20. th3m3w

th3m3w Officer Officer

Ratings:
    +119
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    @Awit was basically saying that it sounds better as a staff rank I think? anyway People can abuse. and they could do it quick. Plus this would have to be a hard rank to get if you get /god.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.