1. Hey Guest! Welcome to Broncin! You can join our Minecraft server by using this IP: Hub.Broncin.net

Notice Future of Broncin - What happens next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Stuartie, Nov 7, 2017.

?

What would you like to happen next?

1. Keep running the server as is (bugs will most likely still exist)

2. Rebuild the server from scratch (clean map, plugins, etc)

3. Alternative ideas (please post a detailed response)

4. Close the server

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Stuartie

Stuartie Nubby Owner Guy Owner

Ratings:
    +103
    Minecraft:
    Stuartie
    So as I'm sure all of you are aware, the server has been offline for some number of weeks now. There are a few reasons behind this which I don't intend to go into but basically the amount of issues with different things including space and plugins became too much to manage.

This post isn't a final farewell by any means, so don't start to panic, just yet.

The server currently has 30 days remaining of up-time before we have to renew it again and quite frankly its not making enough money anymore to keep it running for much longer than another 4-5 months.

I am giving you all the opportunity as the community to decide what happens next. I don't want any silly responses or stupid suggestions. I want serious answers as this is your community, do what you would like with it.
    Do you want someone specific to manage the server? - Let me know.
    Do you want Dean and I to run the server? - Let me know.
    Do you have a complete unique idea that you want us to try? - Let me know.

It's as simple as that guys and girls! The future is in your hands!

Much Love,
    That Nub Stu.

2. uk_king_007

uk_king_007 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +26
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I suggest that we start from scratch... but also have a legacy server is possible because everyone worked real hard to create everything they’ve done. And keep creative as well. As for managing I want to thank you dean and stu for advancing this server and the great time I’ve had here at broncin, unfortunately though the management staff is a lil inactive. So I mean if stu and dean plan to become more active and stick to it I suggest you guys continue to run it but if not I think it might be time to pass the torch to shiz after Christmas or maybe tin. And you guys could still have an honorary rank or something special seen as you guys have done so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stomper

Stomper Civilian

Ratings:
    +27
    Minecraft:
    StomperFTW
    sad to see this, but i'm sure we all appreciate the transparency. i agree with uk on this one but as long as broncin is still alive i don't care what happens.

4. Stuartie

Stuartie Nubby Owner Guy Owner

Ratings:
    +103
    Minecraft:
    Stuartie
    Thank you both for your input so quickly, I like the idea of starting from scratch but also having a legacy server. I would be more than happy to have Shiz or Tin managing the server. They both work extremely hard and have done so much for the server and can't thank them enough for the time and effort they have both put in over the years.

If I was to give my personal opinion on what I would like to happen would be as follows;

- Shiz and/or Tin manage the server
    - Start over, fresh map, fresh plugins etc
    - Legacy server
    - Creative server
    - Myself and Dean will play a large part in still overseeing everything and become more involved again but will play a more background role, allowing the manager(s) to take responsibility on what happens etc

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RazorFangs

RazorFangs Bestest Retired Admin Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +62
    I think this would be the best idea, with the exclusion of a legacy server. The Broncin community isn't big by any means, and splitting the players we have into two servers isn't a great idea imo. Starting over fresh with up to date plugins and a new map seems to be the way to go. Since you and Dean (and from what I know Shiz) are all busy with irl duties, it would probably be best to hand Tin the reins with you guys advising and providing input. If Shiz eventually has free time he could manage the server with Tin, or perhaps Ivan or Rocken could step up to co-manage the server as I know they are both very capable of doing so. Bottom line is you and Dean have created an awesome server and have put a ton of work in it and I know all of us players appreciate it, but I think its best for you guys to take a step back and let the others who have more time to work on it rebuild the server.

Either way this thing goes, you two have given a lot of people a lot of fun times on MC, myself very much included. You guys have brought many players together and are responsible for a lot of friendships. You are the bomb for doing that. Whatever happens happens, just know that we appreciate what you guys have done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Porki

Porki Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +15
    Minecraft:
    PorkiTA
    I like the idea of starting from scratch and having a legacy server but i also think we should have a complete fresh start new Staff new admins new everything i know that may seem radical but i think it may help

EDIT:
    I think the legacy server should exist but you cant do anything on it so basically a museum of towns that kind of thing as i don't think we should split the community

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kartingst

Kartingst Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +188
    Minecraft:
    Kartingst
    I believe starting from scratch will be a great idea! Start something new maybe. You could also add something like Slime Fun for mods in vanilla minecraft.

I'm also worried on the fact that the server only has enough money to run for another 4 - 5 months, so this is a big problem for us, and we need to get this resolved fast.

8. ohhcurf

ohhcurf Builder

Ratings:
    +96
    Minecraft:
    ohhcurf
    i would like to see the map reset @Stuartie @DeanUK
    but the donors would still have their items which they purchased.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. ohhcurf

ohhcurf Builder

Ratings:
    +96
    Minecraft:
    ohhcurf
    how much does running a server cost monthly? i might be able to help with some funds :p

10. BATEMAN2410

BATEMAN2410 Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +32
    Minecraft:
    BATEMAN2410
    I agree Fresh start + legacy server. So does that mean donor ranks get reset as well? Also I think if the new donor area would be too op we could gather a list of donors now and give them donor rank again in the new server once they reach a certain rank to avoid ranking too too fast. Also, I think a reset for staff is a good idea, but I would still like to see Tin, Shiz, Stu, and Dean still be in charge and involved in the server :). Lastly, @Stuartie said we don't have enough money to cover server expenses past 4-5 months. How are we going to deal with that if the server is restarted? Remember guys: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Obsidian

Obsidian One Hit Wonder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Obsidiangalaxy
    Map reset but donors keep ranks please keep this server running I would miss it to much

12. EAGL3

EAGL3 Diamond Miner

Ratings:
    +15
    Minecraft:
    EAGL3
    Donors obviously must keep their rank and I love the idea of starting from scratch and new managers and stuffs

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +26
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    I like the idea of haveing legacy as a museum but I don’t want to never be able to finish what I’ve started ands see how other towns grow. As for people saying new staff, well I think we should have a mix of current staff because they have experience with the server but also add some new ones for sure just to have some fresh ideas and what not in the mix. And also have the legacy chat and new towny chat thing linked like creative so we aren’t ruining the community.

14. Wintermute

Wintermute One Hit Wonder

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft:
    Wintermute___
    The server needs a fresh start. Everyone needs a fresh start. Society is falling apart and needs to rebuild our society again by working together.

The server can attract new players by adding fun features.

All players should be given a 2nd chance and things should be fair

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  15. Hobo

Hobo Dragon Slayer

Ratings:
    +204
    Minecraft:
    TheyCallMeHobo
    I say blank slate with new economy but keep ranks and spawners ranking up to double prestige would I think deter some members from returning

16. justifyletters

justifyletters Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +98
    Minecraft:
    justifyletters
    I think the best option for Broncin would be a fresh start. For managment, I think Tin, Shiz and either Stu or Dean should continue managing the server. In my opinion, the community is too small for a legacy server.

In my eyes, this discussion should not be about towns anymore, it should be about the whole server as thats what matters, not towns.

17. Kazooo

Kazooo Bounty Hunter

Ratings:
    +21
    Minecraft:
    Kazooo
    I think you should make the old city map downloadable for the public and then let us pack some stuff up and restart when sufficient funds, staff and time are available.

Edit:
    The reasons for making the world public instead of legacy:
    -Cheaper
    - No divide of community

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Spook

Spook Ad-moo-n Admin

Ratings:
    +542
    Minecraft:
    Spookireland
    Fresh restart, unban all previously banned people so they can re-banned when they do something stupid again

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  19. uk_king_007

Ratings:
    +26
    Minecraft:
    uk_king_007
    That’s new and it’s a great idea, I think that combined with a map download or something with the old server would be good

Agreed, either that or have a legacy server we can play on

20. th3m3w

th3m3w Retired Staff Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +101
    Minecraft:
    th3m3w
    Dear Noob and Stu (Noob is Dean)
    You have both given me a heck of a time on broncin even though I have only spoken to you both once or twice it was a cool time.
    I want legacy server and a new start. I don't want to see you two leave but Dean hasn't been that active. Stu has been sorta been around but either way. Tin used to be on 24/7. If there is any way I could POSSIBLY help. (Dunno bout funds but I can try as hard as possible) please DM me on discord
    One more thing. Please don't let me or the community down (I doubt you will) but Broncin has been a big chunk of my life. And a big chunk of my wallet (lel)
    But anyway. I would be VERY sad if this is the end

kart is a noob and I wanted to beat him to sheriff ;3
    itll still happen kart dont forget it!!!

• Agree Agree x 1